VALVE TECHNICIAN JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Valve Technician
REPORTS TO: Valve Service Manager
SUMMARY: The Valve Technician position performs maintenance, assessment, repair, and testing on various types of industrial valves.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for repair and testing of various valves, including but not limited to ball valves, gate valves, butterfly valves, safety relief valves, etc.
- Perform disassembly, cleaning, inspection, measuring, reassembly and testing of valves at Flotech facilities and client locations.
- Follow all schematics and documented procedures in accordance with all Quality Control and ASME National Board standards that apply to the job.
- Thoroughly complete all calibration and documentation associated with testing and repairs.
- Travel to job sites and adhere to all site safety and performance requirements.
- Communicate timely updates to management, co-workers, and customers to ensure timely and successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Works closely with co-workers, management and safety coordinator to ensure compliance with OSHA and other safety regulations.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequent exposure to fumes or airborne particles.
- Frequent exposure to loud noises.
- Continually required to stand, walk, bend, crouch and climb.
- Continually required to use hands and fingers and reach with arms.
- Frequently required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Continually required to talk or hear.
- Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions (heat, cold, rain).
- Travel up to 75%.
- High School Diploma or GED and 2-5 years industrial valve repair experience, or an equivalent number of years of education and experience.
- Familiar with tools and machinery required to perform daily valve repair duties.
- Experience with repairing various valves and actuators, whether pneumatic, hydraulic or electric.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.