Series No. 53300 Emergency Pressure Manhole Cover Vents
Protectoseal Series No. 53300 Emergency Pressure Manhole Cover Vents provide emergency pressure relief for storage tanks as well as convenient access for tank cleaning, inspection, and repair work. They are designed for installation on the manhole openings of tanks and provide a means of relieving large volumes of vapors, beyond the capacity of a normal operating vent, if an emergency fire involvement of the tank should occur. Series 53300 Manhole Covers do not provide vacuum relief. Vacuum relief must be supplied by operating vents (See Protectoseal Model No. 830, Model No. 8540H, Model No. 6240, Model No. 16240 and Model No. 18540).
When properly installed on a flanged tank manhole opening, the Series No. 53300 Manhole Cover Vent provides an effective vapor seal. Under emergency fire conditions, the vent opens fully to allow escape of vapors and prevent damage to the tank due to excessive pressure. The cover must be manually repositioned after venting has occurred.
- Sizes 16" (DN 400) through 24" (DN 600)
- Vents directly to the atmosphere
- Copper bonding wire prevents loss of cover
- Easy removal of the cover allows for tank access
- Settings achieved by weight loading
- ProFlow® Sizing/Selection Software
- Patented, FEP Film"Air-Cushioned Seating"
- Low-leak pallet design - certified test reports
- Non-metallic (Thermoplastic Resin & FRP) construction available
- Conforms with the latest ATEX Directive and ISO 16852