Series 54000 Spring Loaded Emergency Pressure Vents
Protectoseal Series 54000 Spring Loaded Emergency Pressure Vents provide emergency pressure relief for storage tanks as well as access for tank cleaning, inspection, and repair work. They are designed for installation on the manhole openings of tanks and provide a means of relieving large volumes of vapors, beyond the capacity of a normal operating vent, if an emergency fire involvement of the tank should occur.
Series 54000 Emergency Pressure Vent does not provide vacuum relief. Vacuum relief must be supplied by Protectoseal operating vents (See Protectoseal Model No. 830, Model No. 8540H, Model No. 6240, Model No. 16240 and Model No. 18540).
Even tanks with high design ratings require protection from excessive pressure accumulation in their vapor space. With the set pressures allowed by a spring-loaded design, the vents can remain closed at higher pressures and are allowed to open only when the tank structure may be in jeopardy. Vapors can then be relieved to maintain the tank within its design parameters.
The setpoint is determined by combined spring force and weight of components acting upon the mean seat diameter of the vent. Settings are adjustable within a specified range for any spring combination, by increasing or decreasing compression of springs. Series 54000 Spring Loaded Emergency Vents can be set at 1 PSIG or higher.
- Sizes 16" (DN 400) through 24" (DN 600)
- Vents directly to the atmosphere
- Provides emergency relief in the event of an external fire
- Suitable for use on higher working pressure tanks
- Can be set at 1 PSIG or higher
- Pressure setting achieved by spring loading
- ProFlow® Sizing/Selection Software
- Factory tested for correct setting and leakage prior to shipment