Morin Hydraulic and Pneumatic Valve Actuator Series B & C
Technical data Supply pressure : 40 to 160 psig (see torque chart. MORMC-0333) Supply medium : Air or any gas compatible with materials of construction Temperature rating Standard range : -20°F to 210°F Optional range : -65°F to 300°F Angular rotation : 90 degrees ± 8 degrees
B series - Ductile iron w/ stainless steel cylinders C series - Ductile iron w/ carbon steel cylinders Spring return and double acting actuators Quarter-turn output torques to 1,400,000 lb.in.
Features & Benefits:
- Ductile iron housing, piston and end caps provide long product life with durable, cost effective operation.
- Output shaft made of high strength alloy steel or 17-4PH stainless transmits torque without fatigue.
- Sintered bronze bushings or PTFE composite on output shaft eliminate side loading of valve stem to maximize stem packing performance.
- Chrome-plated steel piston rod provides strength and corrosion resistance for enduring high cycle applications.
- Sintered bronze piston rod bushings provide low-friction support and precise alignment of the piston rod to increase efficiency. reduce maintenance and extend actuator life.
- Heat-treated stainless steel thrust
pin and rollers transfer piston force to
17-4PH stainless steel or ductile iron yoke by rolling to reduce friction. for longer life and more efficient torque transmission.
- PTFE guide bands ensure low-friction piston guidance during operation to protect cylinder walls from potential scoring and extend seal performance
with a continuous cylinder wiping action.
- Bi-directional travel stops provide accurate valve rotation adjustment.
- ISO 5211 mounting pattern promotes easier valve adaptation by utilizing internationally recognized standards.
- Both series B and C have been certified
to SIL 3 ratings.
- Actuators are rated IP66.
- NAMUR drive slot on output shaft enables accessory-driven components to maintain a compact assembly and eliminates the need for couplings.
- Tectyl-coated springs can be disarmed without special tools to safely and easily disassemble the actuator in the field. reducing down time and providing a
‘man safe’ spring.
- Easily removable housing cover provides effortless access for internal inspection of yoke mechanism.