Hydro-Guard® 100 Series Automatic Flushing System
The Hydro-Guard® Automatic and S.M.A.R.T. Flushing product family offers industry-leading, reliable designs to address a range of utility needs and community concerns. Traditional routine flushing programs can mitigate community drinking water concerns related to taste, discoloration, or odor; however, manual hydrant flushing can be costly and time-consuming for utilities along with causing wear on the hydrant. Automated flushing programs can address these issues while also considering climate, environmental, installation, and community concerns. Each product series is available in a cold climate or warm climate edition and supports a range of popular bury depth options to ensure year-round performance in any distribution network. In addition, Hydro-Guard Automatic and S.M.A.R.T. Flushing Systems incorporate physical security and are UL-listed and certified to NSF/ANSI 372.
The Hydro-Guard® 100 Series Automatic Flushing System is ideal for areas in the distribution network where it is difficult to maintain water quality, disinfectant residual, and where customer complaints are numerous. With the available Bluetooth controller, authorized operators can schedule up to 24 different flush events into the controller through a free K-Rain KRBL V2 app that can be added to most iOS or Android phones. Flush durations can range from one (1) minute to six (6) hours per programmed flush event. Where the use of a mobile app or Bluetooth is not permitted, the 100 Series can be equipped with a built-in NODE programmer. The NODE programmer allows for scheduling flush events multiple times per day, multiple times per week.
The 100 Series Automatic Flushing System discharges flushed water to the ground (atmospherically) onto the device’s splash plate, minimizing the possibility of erosion damage, and is equipped with an OEM-installed Dechlorination System. The 100 Series system includes an onsite, OEM-installed Sampling System to allow water quality samples to be drawn directly from the flushing system.
- 100 Series Warm Climate
- Available Bury Depth: 18-inches
- CamLock release system for ease of maintenance and accessibility
- 100 Series Cold Climate
- Available Bury Depths: 18-inches, 36-inches, 60-inches, 84-inches, and 108-inches
- Removable internal assembly for ease of maintenance; patented CamLock release system with insulation to hold ground heat
- Integrated freeze protection system allows all water in-service piping to drain from the device to prevent freezing
- Above ground design with below-grade base for stability
- Schedule 80 PVC piping with an option for no-lead Brass piping
- OEM-installed Dichlorination System to dechlorinate all discharged water before it travels to navigable waters
- Diffusing vents dissipate energy while enhancing the system’s stability
- Splash plate minimizes erosion from the flushed water being discharged
- 2-inch glass-reinforced Nylon composite valve with flow adjustment, full port, and single-piece EPDM diaphragm
- Air Gap backflow prevention
- Low profile, lockable, pedestal enclosure