Groundhog AWWA Butterfly Valve
GROUNDHOG® valves in 4” – 72” sizes meet all requirements of AWWA C504. A Pratt MDT buried service actuator is standard, and either flanged, mechanical joint, push-on joint, wafer or Victaulic® coupling styles are available.
Underground distribution and transmission systems are most often designed with 4” through 20” mains. For isolation applications the Pratt GROUNDHOG® butterfly valve is designed to be buried and forgotten until needed. Components are selected for long-term reliability, so the valves will provide service life equaling or exceeding that of the pipeline.
- Sizes: 4" - 72"
- Body: Cast Iron
- End Connection Options:
- Flanged ends
- Mechanical Joint Ends (up to 48")
- Wafer and Victaulic® Couplings
- Push-on joint (12”, 16”)
- Push-on x flange (12”, 16”) for C900 PVC and ductile iron pipe
- Pressure Class: *Class 150B per AWWA Standard C504
- Actuators: Pratt traveling nut design actuator in strict compliance with AWWA C504 latest revision. Specially designed and built for buried service.
- Service: Distribution, potable or raw water
- Accessories: DIVINER® ground-level position indicator, handwheel, extension stem (standard and slipjoint).
- *Valves can be tested for 200 psi upon request.