Gauge Valves Block & Bleed
Materials: CS, SS, Monel®, Duplex and other exotic materials Seats: Metal and Soft Connections: 1/2” to 3/4” threaded, welded also available
Orifice Sizes: 1/8” [3.5 mm], 3/16” [4.7 mm], 1/4” [6.4 mm], 3/8” [9.5 mm]
Pressure (max): 10,000 psig [690 barg]
Temperature (max): 1,000°F [538°C]
Gauge= (M5, M51, M5A and M5F) Block & Bleed = (M9, M25 and M251)
Anderson Greenwood gauge valves include multi-port and block and bleed styles suitable for gauge isolation, calibration and venting with a choice of either globe pattern or through-bore designs. A wide choice of end connections and comprehensive range of standard gauge accessories allows complete flexibility for individual installations.
Features & Benefits:
- Cost savings are realized with multiport design by reducing the number of components and process penetrations required for multiple instrument installations. Possible leak points are decreased.
- Compact design requires minimum space for operation and installation. Lower valve weight increases strength at the process connection and reduces gauge whip.
- Long body configuration allows for a maximum of 4-inch [102 mm] pipe insulation.
- Roddable seat design is supplied with replaceable seats, providing easy cleanout and seat replacement.
- Replaceable soft seat allows replacement of the soft seat insert without removing the valve from the line. It operates in dirty service with repetitive bubble-tight shut-off.
- Repairable metal seat can be resurfaced without removing the valve from the line.
- Mirror stem finish burnished to a 16 RMS finish in the packing area enables smooth stem operation and extends packing life.
- Body-to-bonnet seal is metal-to-metal in constant compression below the bonnet threads. Prevents bonnet thread corrosion, eliminates possible tensile breakage of bonnet, and gives a reliable seal point.
- Ball end stem eliminates seat galling, provides bubble-tight shutoff and long life. The hardened, non-rotating ball ensures perfect alignment closure.
- Packing below threads prevents lubricant washout, thread corrosion, and keeps solids from entering the thread area, which can cause galling. It also prevents process contamination.
- Adjustable packing adjusts easily – loosen jam nut, tighten bushing slightly, then retighten jam nut. Decreases packing replacement downtime and increases valve life.
- Dust cover prevents lubricant washout and keeps contaminants (dirt, rain, etc.) out of bonnet assembly.
- Safety back seating prevents stem blowout or accidental removal while in operation and provides a metal-to-metal secondary stem seal while in the full open position.
- Chrome plating of 316 SS prevents galling or freezing of stem threads when similar metals mate. CS valves use a 303 SS stem.
- Rolled threads provide additional thread strength. The stem, bonnet, and male NPT threads are rolled, not cut.
- Bonnet lock pin is another safety feature which prevents the accidental separation of the bonnet from the body. However, normal valve maintenance and repair are still easily accomplished.