Instrumentation Series M5 M51 MultiPort Gauge Valves
Compact, lightweight multi-port valves for pressures up to 6,000 psig (414 barg) or 10,000 psig (690 barg)
(M5K, M5AK, M5YK; M5K; M5AK; M5YK)
All root valves have a four bolt outside screw and yoke (OS&Y) bonnet design for added strength and reliability and comply with the ANSI B31.1 codes
M5 M51 MultiPort Gauge Valves Features & Benefits:
- Cost savings through minimized components and process penetrations for multiple instrument installations with reduced possible leak points.
- Compact design minimizes space requirements; low weight improves connection strength and reduces gauge whip.
- Long body option allows up to 4” (102 mm) pipe insulation.
- Replaceable soft seat and can operate in dirty service with repetitive bubble-tight shutoff.
- Repairable metal seat can be resurfaced without removing the valve from the line.
- Ball end stem eliminates seat galling, provides bubble-tight shutoff and long life. Hardened, non-rotating ball ensures perfect alignment closure.
- Packing below threads prevents lubricant washout, thread corrosion, process contamination and eliminates galling.
- Easily adjustable packing decreases replacement downtime and increases valve life.
- Safety back seating prevents stem blowout or accidental removal and provides a metal-to-metal secondary stem seal while in the fully open position.
- ENC plated 316 SS prevents galling or freezing of stem threads.
- Rolled stem, bonnet and male NPT threads provide additional strength.
- Mirror stem finish in the packing area enables smooth operation and extends packing life.